Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half Way Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
I have been able to develop organizational and time management skills to ensure I keep up  with assignments and due dates. I also believe I have learned to be more courageous and expanded people skills.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I almost gave up giving out free money, because it was a hard concept for me to grasp and going up to random people. I was worried that people would think I thought of them as a charity case giving them free money and think I was crazy. Although I decided to go ahead and do the assignment. I brought a friend to help record and they helped me approach strangers. 
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
I would say do not be afraid to put yourself out there. Find friends in the class and discuss what strategies they may have and talk about your experiences. I was surprised to see I was not the only one struggling to do certain assignments and I found better ways to do others through their advice. My last tip is keep up with assignments and keep going even if the motivation in the beginning is just for the grade.  Do not let this be the class you fail or slack on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Domenica, I have to agree with you all the way when it comes to developing time management skills. I feel as if a majority of college students have trouble with this skill because we have a tendency to procrastinate on assignment until the last minute. The organization of this course is a vital key to a successful grade. The free money assignment was odd for me especially only giving one dollar to a random person. I got some upsetting body language from a few individuals that thought they were too good for my dollar, but I found it easiest to give the homeless the money because they were in true need for money. Check me out: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8545792306262525561#editor/target=post;postID=6957457401319602143;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=3;src=postname

    ReplyDelete