Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch 2

1) The pitch. 

2) A reflection on the feedback you received from your last pitch. 
I appreciated hearing that my pitch was enthusiastic and intriguing. I also loved hearing people say they would actually participate in my program and were excited to save money. I also liked seeing others pitches to see how i can improve my own and get to see their business ventures. 
3) What did you change, based on the feedback?
I changed my approach and attempted to focus more on my concept instead of just the numbers I used in my first one. I wanted to make sure the audience was engaged so I put them in the situation more and pulled them into my situations. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Domenica, I love this idea! I can see how many students will support and participate in your venture. With the cost of textbooks so high I would love to take advantage of this brilliant idea. I'm not sure how the Bookstore would like that however, I believe they purchase and resell used texts. Hopefully there are no policy violations afoot. Great pitch!! See my pitch here...http://acwilliams83.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Domenica.
    I was really interested in your idea and thought your pitch was really engaging. I thought you did a really good job of coming up with a topic that is extremely relevant to all of us students here at UF. Overall, I don't have any critiques on the delivery of your pitch. Check out mine at http://courtneyncostello.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Domenica,

    What a great pitch! You sounded very professional throughout, and including the statistics in your elevator pitch helped to make it more visual, relatable, and credible. I think this is a great idea, since I have experienced the trouble of expensive textbooks firsthand. I think you would just need some help getting your name out there so that you can generate enough textbooks to make it worth everyone's time (and money they'd get for otherwise selling their books back).

    Here's my elevator pitch:
    http://mariakongosfirstblogever.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Domenica, I thought your pitch was very intriguing. Books are definitely a big expense for college students and we are always searching for a way to get them for cheap, which means you have a market. The only issue would be getting a large enough variety of textbooks at the beginning of this program so that the first couple hundred people that drop off textbooks get something in return. Otherwise, there is no incentive. I also thought your body language and delivery in this video were superb. Check out my blog here: http://jakeryanentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Domenica,
    i thought your delivery was absolutely great! You were engaging and excited. This is a really creative spin on what could have very easily been a bland and boring idea, especially since Gainesville already has several resale textbook places. What you have to keep in mind is what will make you different? Always ask yourself that. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete