Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money

 
  • Where will you go?
    • I went in front of Rawling's Subway/ Pod Market for my recordings.
  • What kind of people will you approach?
    • I ended up approaching all girls that were not listening to music and seemed to be happy or smiling.
  • What will you say to get the conversation started?
    • Would you like a free dollar?
  • What is your plan for the conversation?
    •  I expected the individuals I approached to ask me why I would be giving out free
    • money in which they did. My plan was to tell them I was giving back and trying to
    • make others have a better day. Although I ran into an issue when recording. Many told
    • told me to delete the recording or did not give me permission to use the recording.
    • Therefore for the last two I told them it was for a class, so they would be more
    • sympathetic and allow me to use the recording.
  • Out of five attempts, how many dollar bills do you think you will be able to give away. 
    • I was able to give away three dollar bills. A few of the individuals I went up to gave them back because they didn't want me using the recording and felt bad taking the dollar. Others just ignored me and acted like I was a flyer in Turlington.
  • Reflection: Giving away dollars was easier than I thought. I believe this to be because college students love the word free. Although I ran into issues when approaching people, I always was cautious in who to approach because I didn't want to offend anyone or waste their time. Despite being nervous and having someone with me to record I feel it went smoothly compared to my expectations. I wish I didn't have to record the interactions as they were more forced and robotic interactions. It was also hard for people to allow me to record them. If I have the opportunity to do this assignment again I might position myself somewhere where people typically wouldn't be rushing off to class or studying or meetings, etc. to ensure a better reaction. I also would ask them if they would allow me to record them as one of my first questions. instead of last.
 

 










1 comment:

  1. Hi Domenica,

    I liked how you went to a busy area of Rawlings Hall. It is definitely bustling there. From your video, you seemed approachable and gave off a friendly vibe. I agree that some students have a tendency to ignore you as they're used to ignoring the many students in the Turlington Area who are tabling for an organization. It was a good idea to not approach people who had earbuds in as they probably won't stop to talk to you. Good job overall!

    Here is the link to my post:
    http://jaryprinent.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete