Wednesday, January 20, 2016

World's Biggest Problems


  1. Lack of Compromising between Political Organizations
    • Possible Solution: Educating the youth that everyone needs to have an opinion, they deserve to be heard, and stressing the importance of not being able to get exactly what you want all the time. It is important to show that compromising allows for countries to be more successful as a whole and is a great way to allow for progress.
  2. Cancer
    • Possible Solution: Continue to support research and nonprofit organizations that work on coming up with a cure.
  3. Lack of Equal Right
    • Possible Solution: Continue to support non profit organization such as She's The First that support girl's goals across this world and educating the youth on the disparities among other countries' access to equal rights and stressing its importance.
  4. Poverty
    • Possible Solution: Ensuring all that graduate high school have taken at least 5  classes on finances, taxes, and professional skills. Legislation could be passed to ensure companies can not exploit cheap labor, etc. Poverty may not be solved in this response as there are so many components, but it is important to identify it as one of the largest problems in this world.
  5. Reliance on Nonrenewable Resources 
    • Possible Solution: Move away from nonrenewable energy and invest in renewable energy methods and researching how to ensure optimal efficiency of the energy sources.
  6. Lack of Sympathy for others
    • Possible Solution: Promoting volunteering at a young age and in school its important to have meaningful conversations not just with your friends, but those you do not like as well because it is important to understand what makes others who they are today.
  7. Hunger
    • Possible solution: Sharing ones wealth is important and giving back to those loss fortunate is very rewarding. But it is important to also support those that can provide through education so they can eventually support themselves.
  8. Global Warming
    • Possible Solution: Reduce pollutants and have all countries to work together to reduce carbon emissions
  9. Lack of Peace
    • Possible Solution: I do not think I have a solution for this problem, but I wish I did. I do know the solution will involve compromising and finding a common ground between all.
  10. Materialism
    • Possible Solution: Make it trendy through television to not be obsessed with things, but experiences
    • Education is key to solving many of the world's problems!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Domenica!

    I found your world’s biggest problems list to be almost inspiring! I agree with all of the problems you think are our world’s biggest! Number one for me is poverty, in which I think has a very possible solution and can be fixed with the help from others. Another I find and agree with is lack of equal rights. Its so hard these days and were even worse back then, finding equality amongst races, genders, and religious views. I feel that when judging someone it shouldn’t be based off of any of those qualities, just solely whom that person is and how their attitudes are. Thus, comes with lack of peace and materialism. They all lead to the poor and lack of judgement amongst our citizens in the world. What everyone needs is justice, but they are looking for it in the wrong ways/places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my link is: Hello Domenica!

      http://alexabernie.blogspot.com/2016/01/worlds-biggest-problems_96.html

      Delete
  2. I realize that some of your topics were very similar to mine. For example, I also talked about poverty, global warming, and (technically) lack of peace. I talked about lack of peace through mentioning terrorism and human/drug trafficking, but I definitely see some similarities in our thought process. One thing I love about your post is how concise you were. I definitely wrote a lot more than I should have and am almost jealous to see how quickly and effectively you got your point across. Although I do think some of these problems are interconnected and influence one another, I definitely think your list encompasses some great ideas.

    Also, check out my list if you have some free time:
    http://sebastianent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/worlds-biggest-problems.html

    ReplyDelete