Chapter 2: The Entrepreneurial Mind- Set in Individuals
1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading?
I was surprised that one of the factors of stress hindering entrepreneurs
was loneliness. I never thought deep enough to factor loneliness in as
entrepreneurs are typically surrounded by all kinds of people; consumers,
employees, and family/ friends.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was
confusing to you.
The typology of entrepreneurial styles confuses me.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what
would you ask? Why?
What is your passion and how do you apply that to being an
author?
The continues to say the key to entrepreneurship is finding
oneself and their passion, so I wonder what the author’s passion is and how he
applies it to his own career.
Have you ever been on the entrepreneurship journey and how
did you personally deal with the stress?
I would like the author to have some experience as an
entrepreneur as it gives him credibility and it intrigues me to see how others
respond to the highs and lows of life.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about?
Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I disagree with the concept of networking in order to deal
with stress and how it can be therapeutic. I feel it may be important to
network and understand how others are successful and how you can apply it to
your own business; but when you are going through a rough patch not everyone
wants to hear about others successes when you are miserably failing. I think
the author should clarify that sometimes networking can also allow for a
support system with others who have been where starting entrepreneurs have been
and offer pieces of advice.
No comments:
Post a Comment